Which candidates support 99 seat theatre?
From our Pro99 Candidates… (We support their recommendations):
In light of the recent events surrounding Actors Equity’s addressing of Los Angeles’ 99 seat theater community, we the undersigned Council candidates have decided to inform voters like yourself in the upcoming AEA elections of where we stand.
We are for a union that:
• Believes first and foremost that inclusion is the best way forward for AEA’s well-being, and the more Equity members working on a stage, whether on contract or stipend, the healthier its membership.
• Applies comprehensive strategy specifically adopted for its targeted region, not a one-size-fits-all solution.
• Communicates with its members on a local level, and designs its contract system from a truly bottom-up model of information.
Jeffrey Christopher Todd
To that end, we hope to have the opportunity to work with the following candidates as fellow members of the Actors’ Equity Association National Council:
- Kate Shindle (Actors Equity President)
- Donal Thoms-Cappello (Western Regional VP)
- Jeff Marlow (Western Regional Councillor, Principal)
- Jeffrey Christopher Todd (Jeffrey Todd) (Western Regional Councillor, Principal)
- Edgar Landa (Western Regional Councillor, Principal)
- Mary-Pat Green (Western Regional Councillor, Principal)
- Sid Solomon (Eastern Regional Councillor, Principal)
- Christopher Gurr (Eastern Regional Councillor, Principal)
- Kate O’Phalen (Eastern Regional Councillor, Principal)
Thank you for reading.
Click the image below for the latest election updates: