- URGENT ► Please support Love 99 Documentary Film
- URGENT ► YOUR SIGNATURE IS NEEDED! Pro99 calls for a new referendum.
- Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle Issues Statement on Equity’s Proposed Changes to LA Theatre
- NLRB Dismisses 99 seat Complaint Against Equity, but…
- Pro99, AEA, the new Equity proposal, and what went down at the Town Hall
- Equity launches a new website for LA actors. But it’s seriously flawed
- Press Release: LA members decry smears by AEA after talks fail
- Actors’ Equity counters with motion to dismiss 99-Seat lawsuit
- LA Plaintiffs serve Equity lawsuit
There is a massive threat to the continued existence of LA’s intimate (99 seat) theatres.
Thousands of actors in Los Angeles have come together to oppose a proposal by Actors’ Equity, the theater actors’ union. The new proposal seeks to prohibit its members from lending their talents to small, nonprofit theaters by requiring these theaters to increase actor compensation nearly 1,000%.
(Click each image below for more):
January 22, 2016 Crowdsourced fund started to pay legal expenses associated with the upcoming talks with Actors’ Equity Association.
October 17, 2015 – LAWSUIT filed against Actors’ Equity Association
August 13, 2015 – Signatures are being gathered on open letter to Actors’ Equity President Kate Shindle from #Pro99 AEA Members.
April 21, 2015 – Equity has issued its decision for the future of small theater in Los Angeles, and it is, to put it mildly, disappointing. They ignored a landslide 66% vote against their initial proposal, and passed it against the will of the membership with a few additions and changes. We thank supporters of Los Angeles theater for their support, and are determined to keep fighting for our future.